15 January 2014

hogwarts series - slytherin (everyday)

Today was pretty damn cold, so I think my fingers nearly froze off whilst driving around town. I'm currently rocking third-day hair and all I want to do is sleep for days, but alas, I forced myself to finish this final house look. I spent about an hour total coming up with this look, although I didn't know how to incorporate the green at first. I was lying in bed re-reading A Great and Terrible Beauty and it hit me--it need to go in the crease.


And again, forgive me for the laziness of my hair! It's kind of all over the place, but I did pin it back behind my ears to give it a semblance of effort. For some reason, you can't even see the bottom part of my hair in this picture... Womp. Anyway, this look was focused on the green eyeshadow in the crease blended up toward the eyebrows and the silver eyeliner on both the upper and lower lids. I used a shimmery white eyeshadow on the entire lid as a transition between the eyeliner and the green. The white doesn't translate well in photographs, though, possibly because I'm so pale that the flash just made it look like the rest of my skin. It does show in person, though!

The rest of the face was simple--foundation and concealer for coverage, a bit of highlighter on the cheekbones for a subtle glow, and a deep berry lip/cheek stain applied lightly for blush. The same stain is patted onto the lips several times to build the colour.

BROWS
Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express brow kit in Brunette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
Lid - Beauty From the Earth Cosmetics loose eyeshadow in Glistening (creamy white with multi-coloured sparkles)
Crease - Sephora eyeshadow in N° 7 Picnic in the Park (grass green shimmer)
Liner - NYX Slide On Liner in Platinum (silver)
Waterlines - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte blackest black)
Lashes - Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush mascara in Blackest Black

FACE
Urban Decay Naked Skin liquid foundation in 1.0
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01
Under eyes - Benefit Fake Up Concealer in 01 Light
Highlight - rms beauty living luminizer
rms beauty lip2cheek in diabolique (dark burgundy)

LIPS
rms beauty lip2cheek in diabolique (dark burgundy)


No comments:

Post a Comment