10 January 2014

hogwarts series - hufflepuff (everyday)

It's been an interesting couple of days here, what with the weather being so drastically different today than even Monday's weather. It went from subzero temperatures to snow to 40 degrees F and rain. It's still raining, in fact, and has been doing so for hours. It ruined my plans for the afternoon, but that's why I have something to post for my wonderful readers.

I recently watched this video by Kat Von D and I absolutely fell in love with the idea of it. Now, I got lazy and didn't want to use a makeup wipe to get the little triangle cut-outs in my eyeliner, so the result is that it looks quite sloppy, but for the first time trying it, I thought it went surprisingly well! I'm not one for a thick wing, but I think it's edgy without being overwhelming, especially since this doesn't need any eyeshadow to accompany it.


I'm really hating that my glasses are naturally crooked on my ears and nose, ugh. But yes, you can almost see the eyeliner in this picture, but the salient point is that this look is very natural in every other aspect of the face. Focus on the eyeliner, but make sure to even out your skin with something simple like a BB cream or a tinted moisturiser. I used a stick foundation, but it was quick and easy. Make sure to use some blush! Rosy cheeks are very Hufflepuff in my mind.

It's not painfully obvious in these photos that there's any yellow in this look, but I did use some bright yellow eyeshadow right next to the eyeliner wing. It's subtle, but that way it doesn't compete with anything.

For some reason, I've been very into braiding my bangs into a headband around my face when I'm rocking second-day hair. Part of it is because I hate dealing with greasy bangs, but I also really hate pinning them back because bobby pins and I don't get along.

BROWS
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
Liner - Sephora Collection Long-Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner in 01 Black (matte black)
Waterlines - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte blackest black)
Decoration - Saucebox Cosmetics Temptation palette (yellow shade next to eyeliner wing)

FACE
Maybelline Fit Me foundation stick in 110
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01
Under eyes - Benefit Fake Up Concealer in 01 Light
L'Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Celestial (muted rosy pink)

LIPS
Smashbox O-Gloss Gold


No comments:

Post a Comment