24 January 2014

disney villains series - scar

OKAY, so I said I wasn't going to do any makeup looks for a while, but I lied. Just this one until the scratch heals because I just noticed that it's starting to scab. (TMI, maybe?) Katina told me that I should do something with my look for my blog, so here it is! I took to Twitter last night and joked that I looked like Scar from the Lion King.


Lo and behold, a terrible photo of my eye taken in the car earlier today. (No sunlight, just super winds and cloud cover because it's fucking cold in Chicago.) Zero makeup on, whoo!

My younger sister spent at least a good year of her life watching the Lion King three times a day, every single day, and of course I was always there to watch it, too. There's something to be said about how the two of us prefer the anthropomorphic animal Disney films to the princess ones, but they always had the greatest music, okay? And Jeremy Irons is just all around insanely talented.


I asked for opinions on Tumblr on what I should do with my lips, and after taking multiple photos in both nude and black lipstick, I came to the conclusion that no lipstick at all seemed to work best. My natural lip colour is quite pink, but the truer nude lipsticks that I tried on just washed me out and the black lipstick looked hilarious.

Obviously, I emphasised my scratch a lot more and the red gel eyeliner that I have was perfect. I decided to go with red as though the scratch was new because trying to get a pale, slightly puckered scar-like mark would be too difficult given the tools I have. (There's multiple marks because I have spatial issues and couldn't figure out where to draw one connected line. Whoops!) The eyeshadow itself was simple--two different matte browns, the darker one over the lid and the lighter one into the crease and pulled upward toward the brow. I tightlined my upper and lower lashes with a black pencil liner and lined both my upper and lower lash lines with a liquid liner, creating wings in both corners.

My brows look HILARIOUS, but since I have naturally dark brows that are absolute torture to cover up with the gluestick trick, I had to cover all of my brow hair with a dark matte brown-black eyeshadow. Exaggerating the arch of your brow really makes the look seem more villainous.

Scar has a very thin, angular face, which is a common physical attribute of villainous characters, so I tried to make my face a little more angular, too, using contouring beneath my cheekbones, under my jawline, around my forehead and temples, and down the sides of my nose. I'm so pale that the flash tends to wash me out, though, so it's not really as noticeable as I had hoped.


Dat scar.

BROWS
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Crave (deepest, darkest brown/black matte)

EYES
theBalm Put a Lid On It! eyeshadow primer
Lid - theBalm Nude 'Tude eyeshadow in Sleek (dark black-brown matte)
Crease - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Faint (warm, dusty brown matte)
Lower lid - theBalm Nude 'Tude eyeshadow in Sultry (warm medium brown matte/satin)
Waterlines - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte blackest black)
Upper lash line + inner corner wing - Sephora Collection Long-Lasting 12HR Wear Eye Liner in 01 Black (matte black)
Inner corner - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Yeyo (metallic white)
Scar - Makeup Geek Gel Liner in Poison (matte rusty red)

FACE
Urban Decay Naked Skin liquid foundation in 1.0
Contour - Maybelline Fit Me foundation stick in 235 + Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer
Contour (nose) - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Faint (warm, dusty brown matte)

LIPS
fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15


Just a close-up of the eyes for you, since nothing else really matters in this look. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment