12 January 2014

hogwarts series - ravenclaw (dramatic)

So, tonight is the Golden Globes and I only watched part of the show... But I'm pretty sure the only part that mattered was Emma Thompson showing up to present with her heels in one hand and a martini in the other. She was just a presenter and I think she won the entire ceremony. That's it, she won the Golden Globes.

Anyway, today was a long day of me doing nothing except freaking out about my life, so as usual, I turn to makeup! This isn't all that dramatic in my eyes, but I know a lot of you will disagree.


BLUE EYEBROWS! I have absolutely zero issue with crazy coloured eyebrows, as you can tell from so many different posts on this blog, but I'm sure a lot of people are balking at this. Obviously, you don't need to do this! I just wanted something boldly blue to go with the whole Ravenclaw theme. (Also, holy fresh hell, why do I look so sickly in this picture? And this isn't even the foundation's fault, but my neck is at least two shades darker than the rest of my face. Boo.)

Also, let me talk about my hairstyle for a moment. This turned out SO MUCH WORSE than I had intended. I wanted to braid my hair in some way because I think braids suit the Ravenclaw life, but for some bloody moronic reason, I decided to sleep with foam curlers in my hair last night. I keep reading that having texture in your hair will make braids stay, and I completely agree because my naturally stick-straight hair usually won't stay in a braid without some serious coercion, and this time there wasn't any slip from random ends sticking out from the braid itself.

The thing about curly hair... When I was six, my mom and I thought that washing our hair with shampoo meant for curly hair would give us curly hair. (It was a language barrier on my mom's part and childish bandwagon jumping on mine.) I've always really wanted naturally wavy or curly hair because my hair is boring and won't hold anything without a shit ton of product and two hours of work.

Well, I finally concede that I LOVE MY HAIR. I do not want curly hair. Braiding curly hair was the equivalent of drinking arsenic. I'm sorry, hair. I really am.

Anyway, so the makeup is actually rather simple, as I don't think Ravenclaws would necessarily be all that bothered with their makeup. They've got so many other topics on their minds, but this look is simply created with a few products, yet it makes for a big impact. Bright blue eyeshadow goes all over the lid and bronze eyeshadow is blended into the crease and under the eye. Take a black eyeliner and line your upper and lower waterline, put on a few coats of mascara, and you're done! The cheeks just require some simple blush, and all I did for my lips was put on a matte mauve-y pink lipstick.

BROWS
Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in Velocity (vibrant matte royal blue)

EYES
Lid - Sugarpill Chromalust pigment in Royal Sugar (metallic royal blue)
Crease + lower lash line - Shiro Cosmetics loose eyeshadow in Nic Cage Raking Leaves on a Brisk October Afternoon (coffee brown-black with gold and red sparkles)
Upper lash line - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Binge (pearly navy blue, discontinued) + Sugarpill loose eyeshadow in Magpie (black with metallic blue sheen and turquoise sparkles)
Waterlines - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (black)
Lashes - Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush mascara in Blackest Black

FACE
Marc Jacobs Gel Genius Foundation in 10 Ivory Light
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01
L'Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Celestial (muted rosy pink)

LIPS
NYX Matte Lipstick in Tea Rose (mauve-pink)


No comments:

Post a Comment