03 January 2014

hogwarts series - gryffindor (everyday)

So the snow has given us a one-day respite today, but unfortunately there are some absolutely ridiculous winds and so my idea of staying in to do makeup seemed like such a good plan... Until my mother and sister had me drive to the Arboretum so we could take some photos. The wind kind of ruined that for us, as all the snow on the trees was blown off but I got my first experience driving on really terrible streets and parking in a mall lot where no one could see the lines.

This look is super, super simple and doesn't need to have a Gryffindor label attached to it. It's effortless but looks really put together even if it only takes a few swipes of product.


Excuse the haphazard hair happening since I spent most of the car ride wearing a beanie-esque hat to keep it from blowing in my face! There were really only 6 main products used here, and most of them can be left out if you're in a rush. Four products were my BB cream for the face, concealer, brow pencil, and tinted brow gel, and all four of those are optional. What matters most is the gold cream eyeshadow and the red tinted lip product.

No eyeliner is necessary for this look! I picture most Gryffindors to be a little more haphazard and eyeliner can be too finicky. This look is definitely more carefree. You can definitely pile on mascara if you feel weird with no eyeliner--I almost remembered to put some on, but usually I can't be bothered, so I just completely forgot.

You don't have to be precise with the cream eyeshadow. Just a swipe over each lid with your fingers is fine! I used rms beauty's eyeshadow in solar, which is this lovely golden bronze shade, but you could just as easily use something like a Maybelline Color Tattoo. If your lids are oily, you might want to use a primer and set the cream with a powder, but I actually didn't wear the eyeshadow out. It did crease, though, as my lids are insanely oily, ugh. As for the lips, you might need a bit of a steady hand to keep the lines neat, but otherwise it's straightforward.

BROWS
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Deep
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
rms beauty cream eyeshadow in solar (warm, golden bronze)

FACE
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè + Dr. Jart+ V7 Beauty Balm
Under eyes - Benefit Fake Up concealer in 01 Light

LIPS
Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturising Lip Colour Balm in 03 Mightiest Maraschino (classic red)


No comments:

Post a Comment