13 January 2014

hogwarts series - ravenclaw (everyday)

My hair is back to its natural state of stick straightness, and I've never been more glad for it, honestly. Forgive me, hair, for I have hated you for so long... The last week has just been so weird for me and right now I'm still thawing from going out for a walk with my family, so excuse me for the strange voicing of these blog posts.

Today's look is a simplified Ravenclaw look, and I realise that in the full face photo, you can't even see the eyeshadow on my lid, which is really unfortunate. I didn't want to bring up the colour over the lid, though! In the close-up photo, you'll see that it's bronze eyeshadow with a bit of glitter cream as the base.


Behold, me with very little coverage on my natural skin! I only have concealer on here where my redness is the worst, and yet look at my cheeks. (Stupid rosacea.) This look is pretty simple--use concealer only where you need the coverage and swipe on a pink gloss. You can use some blush if you'd like, too.

I wore a blue clip-in extension and of course, you can't see it. Ah, well, it's the thought that counts!

For the eyes, after I put on eyeshadow primer, I used two glitter creams from a Wet n' Wild palette that I bought for Halloween makeup in 2012 (eep, should probably have thrown it out but I've always been bad about makeup expiration dates) and combined the two, bringing it up just slightly past the crease. It made a good base for the shadow as it was slightly tacky, but also, glitter. I took a golden brown eyeshadow and put it all over the lid. A blue eyeshadow (named TARDIS... Combining fandoms here!) was used to lightly line the lower lashline. I didn't use mascara or any eyeliner because I think both can be forgone, but feel free to add them if you feel naked without either.

BROWS
Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express brow kit in Brunette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
Lid - Wet n' Wild Fantasy Makers glitter palette from the Hauntingly Hip Stencil Kit - Enchanted Angel (center right and lower right shades combined) + Urban Decay eyeshadow in Smog (deep coppery bronze)
Lower waterline - Shiro Cosmetics loose eyeshadow in TARDIS (royal blue with bright purple and green sparkles)

FACE
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer in Light

LIPS
Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Candi (juicy strawberry luster)


No comments:

Post a Comment