31 October 2013

halloween looks - wednesday addams

As Halloween comes to a close, I thought I'd share my Halloween costume! It was quick and easy and I ended up not even leaving the house after I put it on, but it was worth the fuss. I'm not actually a huge fan of most Halloween decorations because I'm really easily startled and I get nightmares from more or less everything, but this year I suddenly became fascinated with special effects makeup so I might end up taking makeup classes to work toward getting a professional license.


The best part of this costume? No need to cover any undereye circles. I seriously never realised how frustrating they were until this year. One benefit of wearing glasses for almost my entire life, I suppose! The clothing was just picked out of my closet: an old dress shirt from what must have been middle school, a black long-sleeved shirt, a skirt from Forever 21 that I bought ages ago, and some black tights.


BROWS
Sephora Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
Lid - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte blackest black) + Urban Decay eyeshadow in Faint (warm, dusty brown matte)
Lash lines - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte blackest black)
Under eyes - Too Faced eyeshadow in Like a Virgin (taupe-grey matte) + Sigma Crème de Couture blush in Blackberry Essence (amethyst berry mist) and Strawberry Ambrosia (cotton candy)
Lashes - Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush mascara in Blackest Black

FACE
Urban Decay Naked Skin liquid foundation in 1.0
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01 light
Benefit Fake Up concealer in 01 Light

LIPS
Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Deepest Cherry (deepened dark plum berry)


And with Halloween coming to a close, it's time for me to work on my NaNoWriMo novel! Of course, as usual, I have no idea what I'm doing and there's only a half hour left before November, so like last year I'll be winging it. This might mean less frequent posts to this blog, but let's face it... I'm a chronic procrastinator so I'll want to do this and not write at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment