19 October 2013

looks of the day - two looks inspired by lisa eldridge's videos!

So, after posting the last look inspired by one of Lisa Eldridge's looks, I saw her post about how she loved all of the photos that were being tagged #mylisalook and she set up a bit of a contest. (Look, my face is on her post!) It's been a few days but I just wasn't feeling like putting on makeup, especially with the cloudy weather over the past few days. But today, she posted a new video and I really wanted to try it! There's also a red eyeshadow video here that I just had to try because I'm all about the bright colours.


This look is very subtle but gorgeous for daily wear. I've been looking for every excuse to use the rms beauty lip2cheek in diabolique because I'm absolutely obsessed with it, and luckily it can be applied very sheerly for a nice berry tint to the lips. (Also, look at how I took this photo--I'm apparently in denial about my height despite the fact that I've been 5'3" for almost 8 years of my life...)

BROWS
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Deep
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
Lid - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Half Baked (golden bronze)
Inner corner - thebalm eyeshadow in Snobby (yellow with gold shimmer)
Lash lines - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (black)
Lashes - Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush mascara in Blackest Black

FACE
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè + Dr. Jart+ V7 Beauty Balm
Under eyes- Maybelline Fit Me concealer in 15 Fair
Benefit Fake Up concealer in 01 light
COVER FX Cream Concealer in N Extra Light
Contour - Maybelline Fit Me stick foundation in 235
Highlight - Benefit high beam
bareMinerals blush in t.t.y.l. (sheer poppy pink)

LIPS
rms beauty lip2cheek in diabolique (dark burgundy)

Since this was subtle, I was able to take it off with relative ease and put on the next look. Red eyeshadow is possibly one of my favourite things in the world but wearing it on a normal basis tends to earn you strange looks. Believe me, I've worn it a few times to class and people don't know what to say most of the time.


My glasses just make my eyes look even more misshapen. I've come to realise that I actually like a strong eye with a strong lip on me. I tend to think that with a nude lip, I actually look quite washed out because I'm so pale. So here's the look with some pink-red lips!

BROWS
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in @#$%! (vampy pearl red with silver metallic sheen)
Liner - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte blackest black), Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black
Lashes - Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush mascara in Blackest Black

FACE
Urban Decay Naked Skin liquid foundation in 1.0
Benefit Fake Up concealer in 01 Light
NYX powder blush in Desert Rose (matte burgundy-pink)

LIPS
fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15
Sephora Rouge Cream Lipstick in The Red 04 (classic bright red)


I was going to do a third look, probably something for Halloween, but my eyeliner and my makeup remover wipe got into a catastrophic fight and I almost lost my eyeballs because of it. The skin around my eyes? Already a casualty. There was a great burning sensation as I was trying to take off all the black liner so I decided it was best to not do anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment