13 October 2013

look of the day - more tumblr inspiration a day late!

Hi everyone! So this look was actually done yesterday, but I didn't get a chance until today to write up a post.

There are always so many beautiful pictures on Tumblr from which to draw inspiration and I saw this one and knew I had to try it.


The eyebrow was the most challenging part. I have a naturally high arch in my brow, but it's not noticeable when I don't fill in my brows because my brows are short. This made the whole covering the brow issue a lot harder so you'll see that my brow is much thicker than the one in the picture.


I also considered using more black eyeliner on the upper lid to finish up the look, but I usually remove my makeup right after taking photos because as much as I love dramatic makeup, sometimes walking around the house in it is something I don't want to do. I had a battle to the death with makeup remover, coconut oil, cotton swabs, and cotton pads against Urban Decay's Perversion eyeliner the day before, and I decided I wanted to go easy on my skin whilst doing this, so all I did was a quick swipe of the waterline.

Because this was quick and I only did it on one eye, no full face photo for this one, unfortunately! I used the brow erasing technique featured on Beautylish, which you can find here.

BROWS
Elmer's Washable Glue Stick
bareMinerals mineral veil
Sephora Nano Eyeliner in 01 Midnight Black + 03 Pure White

EYES
Lid - Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in Tako (matte white)
Liner - Makeup Geek Gel Liner in Poison (matte rusty red) + Sugarpill Chromalust pigment in Asylum (red shimmer)
Upper lash line - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte blackest black)
Lower lash line - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner in Yeyo (metallic white)
Lashes - Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush mascara in Blackest Black

Finally, I wanted to give a shout-out to the lovely Laura, who interviewed me for her Girls Fighting Evil blog. Check out the post here!

No comments:

Post a Comment