09 October 2013

look of the day - green wing + oslo cosmetics preview

It's been a few days and a lot of attempts at self-searching, and I'm finally up for the challenge that is finding a job. Today's task is to clean my room, though--it's been a disaster ever since I moved back home and I had to abandon my attempt after allergies started kicking in. (I have to empty out the foyer, too. That's included in my task!) I also went shopping at Trader Joe's to get as many pumpkin-flavoured things as I possibly could because it's fall and if I don't have pumpkin in my food, I might go crazy. (Macarons, bread pudding, butter, amongst others?)

Anyway, before I left to go grocery shopping, I stumbled across a picture on Tumblr that fueled the inspiration for today's look.



Isn't it gorgeous? I figured that the shape was made by a metallic green liner, probably a liquid or a cream. The colour reminds me of an eyeliner I received as a Secret Santa gift back in high school--Wet 'n' Wild mega liner in this crazy beautiful blue-emerald green. I used it all the freaking time and it was always on my lower lash line because everything smudged so badly on my eyelids.

Unfortunately, that liner is no longer with us, and all I had was several shades of green eyeshadow, so I used two different shades to imitate this look.


Since one shadow was loose and one was pressed, I couldn't quite mix them on a palette to get an even colour, so that's why there's a bit of a black streak in the middle. My eyelids do funny things to eyeshadow and even with primer, I had to touch up with some makeup remover. Unfortunately that meant that the line would smudge every time I opened my eyes fully, so every picture I took, I had my eyes closed! Don't mind my messy brows.

BROWS
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Deep
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
Fyrinnae loose eyeshadow in Callipygian (vibrant kelly/emerald green shimmer on black)
Sephora eyeshadow in N° 7 Picnic in the Park (grass green shimmer)

FACE
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01

LIPS
NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Summer Love (beige with soft pink undertones)

By the way, callipygian means having well-shaped buttocks, according to Google, and now every time I use that eyeshadow, I will not ever stop giggling because I'm very mature.


Gotta love messy hair and a sort-of matching t-shirt! In addition to this look, I received my package from Oslo Cosmetics in the mail today. For those of you who don't know, Oslo Cosmetics is an indie brand that is slowly gaining fans, and rightfully so. I obviously didn't get a chance to use their eyeshadows yet, but I wanted to post a preview of the blogger pack that I ordered.

Taken with flash.

From left to right, we have Starlight: Grus, a beautiful bright, royal blue with blue glitter; Colossus: Carinae, a metallic peach-pink with gold/green shift; Dark Days: Ara, a gorgeous shimmery brown-red (the picture doesn't do it justice!); and Starlight: Serpens, a deep indigo-violet with glitter.

Taken in natural light.

Right off the bat, I can tell you that these shadows are gorgeous. They're a little stickier than other loose shadows, which I think really works in their favour because it makes their pigment so bold without a primer and I can only imagine that with one, they'll be even more stunning, if that was possible. These were only quick swatches with my fingers and you can see how vibrant the colours are. I had a little trouble with Serpens, but I think that might have been mostly from how I was applying it.

I'll have a thorough review later this week, along with previews of the other products I ordered, so look for that soon! I absolutely cannot wait to use these shadows. Especially Grus--LOOK AT THAT BLUE--and Carinae, which happens to be one of my favourite shades of eyeshadow. Strange, right? I'm the one who loves bright colours, but give me a gold/peach/pink combo and I'll be in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment