14 October 2013

look of the day - autumn trends

I originally wanted to make another Halloween look today, specifically a monkey look, but I ended up helping my mom in the kitchen for over two hours and all the pictures I Googled for inspiration did nothing. The really good ones required prosthetics (or liquid latex, at the very least, and I don't have any of that lying around!) and the others just weren't cutting it. So instead, I did a look with some of the products I mentioned in this post about my favourites for fall.


When you've worn glasses for 17 of your 22 years of life and then start taking photos without them on, you realise the harsh truth: dark circles exist. My glasses have covered them for my entire life--either them or their shadow, and now I take photos and remain bewildered when I look like I haven't slept in weeks.


I had a lot of fun with this look regardless. I wanted to put a little sparkle in my brows and originally intended to use Sugarpill's Goldilux, but I found the Shiro shadow and thought that it would be slightly more subtle. Besides, I intend to attempt a gold brow look like Dior's during S/S 14 fashion week.

Also, go out and get RMS Beauty's lip2cheek in Diabolique right now. It's limited edition but it's so perfect for fall that I now own two in case they don't make it permanent like so many people are begging for them to do. I used the slightest bit on my cheeks and it made for such a pretty flush.

BROWS
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Hustle (mocha shimmer)
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite
Shiro Cosmetics loose eyeshadow in Nic Cage Raking Leaves on a Brisk October Afternoon (coffee brown-black with gold and red sparkles)

EYES
Inner lid - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Half Baked (golden bronze)
Outer lid -  Urban Decay eyeshadow in Smog (golden brown shimmer)
Crease + lower lash line - Makeup Geek pigment in Enchanted (light plum shimmer)
Upper waterline - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte deepest black)
Inner corner - NYX Slide On Liner in Glitzy Gold (pure gold)

FACE
Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup in 1.0 (very fair bisque, soft warm undertones)
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01
rms beauty lip2cheek in diabolique (dark burgundy)

LIPS
rms beauty lip2cheek in diabolique (dark burgundy)

No comments:

Post a Comment