24 December 2013

look of the day - holiday cheer

It's been a rough couple of weeks for me, but it's the holiday season so I've brightened up a bit. My sister is home from university, as are the rest of my friends so I'll finally be able to see people! My cousin was over this past weekend but she jetted off to Florida for the week and now my godparents are here for the night.

My go-to look for the past few days, if I've even bothered with makeup, is just some BB cream and concealer, a defined brow, and my rms beauty Lip2Cheek in Diabolique applied as a lip stain and blush so I don't look like a total zombie. That was what I wore to pick up my sister from campus and I took a look at myself in a mirror and nearly shrieked at how dead I looked last week, whoops.

Today was a decent day so far and the sun was out despite it being obscenely cold. I didn't have to leave the house, though, so that was nice. I love the theory behind the holidays, but the practicality of trying to get around town makes me really frustrated. People seem to forgo the rules of the road and how to be civil and courteous, but it's just that time of year, I suppose.


I won't be leaving the house on Christmas since we've having our traditional big lunch at home, but if you have a party to attend, this is a great look! Since it's the holiday season, you can pull off bold eyes and a bold lip, and shimmer absolutely everywhere. This look is actually a bit toned down for what I'd wear to go to a Christmas party, but this way it can be tweaked for day or night. The eyes are very much focused on gold tones and a glitter/shimmer finish, while the lips are matte and very red. If you're going to be eating at the party, I'd definitely recommend either wearing a simpler lip or bringing lipstick to touch up through the night. I'm lazy and hate bringing my makeup with me anywhere, so I'd just go with a stain and call it a night.

BROWS
Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express brow kit in Brunette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
theBalm Put a Lid On It! eyeshadow primer
Lid - Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24hr Cream Gel Shadow in Gold Rush 65 (yellow gold shimmer)
Inner corner - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Maui Wowie (metallic golden beige with silver glitter)
Outer corner + crease - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Smog (deep coppery bronze)
Waterlines - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (black)
Upper lash line - Hello Kitty Charmmy Kohl Eyeliner in Chocolate Milk (brown shimmer)
Lower lash line - Hello Kitty Charmmy Kohl Eyeliner in Bicycle (teal green shimmer)

FACE
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè + Dr. Jart+ V7 Beauty Balm
Under eyes - Benefit Fake Up concealer in 01 light
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01
L'Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Celestial (muted rosy pink)

LIPS
Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Port (deep wine)


Happy holidays, my darling readers! Happy Christmas if you celebrate it and if you don't, I hope you have a wonderful few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment