15 December 2013

look of the day - blue brows and red lips?!

It's Sunday and there's about 5 inches of snow outside from the last few days, and though it's not snowing today, it's really hella cold. So naturally, I'm staying indoors trying to figure out what I want to do, and I decided I wanted to try out some of the new products I haven't touched.

Just the one picture today because there's nothing special about my eye makeup or anything, but you get to see the lovely Sugarpill ElektroCute neon pigment that I've used on my eyebrows and the Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream on my lips. Sugarpill is obviously known for their highly pigmented products and their beautiful colours, and the neon pigments are no exception. I've used Hellatronic, a vibrant blue, for my brows and though I didn't even use that much product, it's still very bright. There is some fallout from the glitter in the product, so be advised if you use it for something that isn't just random usage. Also, it's important to note that the FDA has not tested or approved neon pigment for usage in the immediate eye area, although Canada and Europe have both deemed them safe. Use at your own discretion!

The lip cream, by the way, is highly recommended. I've been on a deeper red lip kick, so I bought it in Port, but they have a really nice pinkish red that would be awesome, too. Sancerre, I think it is? The consistency is really creamy and it's insanely pigmented. The only trick is that it can be difficult to apply, so I'd recommend lip liner if you don't have a steady hand. I'll do a full review some other time when I haven't decided I'm going to watch all the Game of Thrones commentaries in one go, or at least attempt it.


BROWS
theBalm Put a Lid on It! eyeshadow primer
Sugarpill ElektroCute neon pigment in Hellatronic (fluorescent indigo with red/purple/blue color-shifting super sparkles)

EYES
Upper lash line - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (black)

FACE
Urban Decay Naked Skin liquid foundation in 1.0
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01
Under eyes - Benefit Fake Up concealer in 01 Light
Blush - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Grifter (sheer lavender shimmer with silver micro-glitter)

LIPS
Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Port (deep wine)

No comments:

Post a Comment