10 December 2013

look of the day - sunrise

I really wanted to play with colour today, so I went ahead and did it! I spent the afternoon running errands and I had to wait in line at the post office for a half hour just to make a Christmas card, so I channeled my frustration into my makeup when I got home.

This look didn't start out drawing inspiration from anything except that I really wanted to colour in my brows a true red, and then I started forming a plan whilst in line. The eyes are definitely inspired by a sunrise, with a rich orange and yellow being the main colours.


I think this look could be very wearable if you just filled in your brows naturally and maybe went a bit more neutral on the lips, and maybe toned down the colours with a few more browns thrown in there. Or you can wear this the exact way it is!


The brows are a little sloppier than I had hoped, but my brows are unruly! The eyeshadow looks less bright when your eyes are open but once you close your eyes, the orange really hits you. I think the winged liner really adds to the look.

BROWS
Makeup Geek Gel Liner in Poison (matte rusty red)
Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in @#$%! (vampy pearl red with silver metallic sheen)

EYES
theBalm Put a Lid On It! eyeshadow primer
SauceBox Cosmetics Temptation palette (orange shade on lid, yellow shade in crease)
Outer V + crease - Oslo Cosmetics loose eyeshadow in Ara (dark brassy red)
Upper lash line - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Oil Slick (matte black with silver micro-glitter)
Lower lash line - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Last Call (metallic sugar plum)
Inner corner - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Polyester Bride (white snow shimmer with silver micro-glitter)
Upper waterline - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte blackest black)
Liner - Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black
Lashes - Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush mascara in Blackest Black

FACE
Urban Decay Naked Skin liquid foundation in 1.0
Benefit Fake Up Concealer in 01 Light
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01
Contour - Maybelline Fit Me foundation stick in 235

LIPS
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo (deep cranberry red)
Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid lipstick in Electric Orange 880 (vibrant yellow-orange)


No comments:

Post a Comment