06 February 2014

look of the day - tumblr inspiration (disney's frozen, sort of?)

This is a WHOLE WEEK LATE. I really wanted to post a makeup look on Lunar New Year (31 January) and I failed. I tried something but I didn't like it and then I spent the weekend visiting my sister and friends at my alma mater, and then it's been cold and snowy and I've had no motivation. I finally sucked it up even though I almost crashed the car today after skidding on ice on the road trying to drop off a third of my closet at Goodwill.

(That was terrifying, by the way. 0/10, would not recommend.)

There have been a bunch of wonderfully talented folks on Tumblr editing pictures from Frozen to make characters with different powers, and I saw this one and knew I had to try it. It was perfect for Lunar New Year, too, so why not?


This was done quite similarly to the Elsa look I posted last month, except I used red and gold instead of purple. Gold eyeshadow went into the inner half of my lid and red on the outer half. I used my beloved Sugarpill Goldilux pigment and a red loose eyeshadow with golden sparkle to blend the two colours together.

To finish off the look, I filled in my brows, used a touch of blush, and took a deep red lip tar and brushed it across my lips. Straightforward but bold!

BROWS
Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express brow kit in Brunette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
theBalm Put a Lid On It! eyeshadow primer
Inner corner - Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24HR Cream Gel Shadow in 65 Gold Rush
Inner third of lid - BFTE Cosmetics loose eyeshadow in Snake Oil (yellow-based metallic gold)
Center of lid - Sugarpill Chromalust pigment in Goldilux (highly-reflective metallic gold)
Outer lid - BFTE Cosmetics loose eyeshadow in Ruby Slippers (orange-based glittery red)
Outer corner + crease - Sugarpill Chromalust pigment in Asylum (red shimmer)
Liner - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte blackest black)
Lower lash line - NYX Slide On Liner in Glitzy Gold (pure gold)
False lashes - Sugarpill False Eyelashes in Hush

FACE
Urban Decay Naked Skin liquid foundation in 1.0
Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in CIA
Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in Poppy Paradise

LIPS
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Vintage (deep burgundy)


Since it's the new year, I'm pretty sure I want to chop off a good three inches of my hair and possibly dye it a dark purple. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment