18 February 2014

(belated) look of the day - red lips and blue liner

Pretend this was posted yesterday because someone was a little caught up in trying to figure out what she needs to do for her new job. WHOOPS.

Anyway, yesterday I was just playing around with my makeup because I was bored but didn't feel like doing something else. Typical, right? Well, I had to sharpen up my eyeliners because they were getting dull and scratching the hell out of my eyelids, so I dug out my Urban Decay Grindhouse sharpener. I swear, this is the best sharpener I've ever used because it doesn't just leave the points of my pencils dull--it actually sharpens instead of just whittling away at the wood!


Per usual, the way my glasses sit on my face is irritating and covers up my eyeliner, but I wanted to show you all that my usual expression is really not smiling. I make weird faces in 97% of all pictures I take that aren't for this blog, so it's so weird that I've been making myself smile for pictures. This is even relatively tame! Usually I'd be pursing my lips to one side and raising my eyebrows, if nothing more extreme. Anyway, all I did was fill in my brows, take a dark blue eyeliner and draw on a super thick line that ended in a squared-off edge toward the outer corner, topped off the rest of my lid with a copper cream shadow, and put on some red lipstick.

The liner doesn't have to be perfect, but I was also being excessively haphazard since I knew I wasn't going out and no one was even going to see me in this unless I posted it to my blog. Lo and behold! Don't be afraid to make mistakes or not have your makeup be perfectly symmetrical. Often times, your eyeliner might need adjustment because your eyes are most likely not complete mirror images of each other. This is the one thing I see people fretting about the most when it comes to makeup. Just own it!

Maybe I've been drawn to red this month because Wear Red Day was almost two weeks ago or (less likely) because of Valentine's day, but red lips are seriously a very fun way to perk up any look or if you're not wearing any other makeup at all.

BROWS
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Deep
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
LUSH Cream Eyeshadow in Happiness (sunset copper shimmer)
Liner - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Binge (pearly navy blue, discontinued)

FACE
NOTHING!

LIPS
Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Port (deep wine)


No comments:

Post a Comment