26 April 2014

review - paula's choice the nude mattes eyeshadow palette

Charlotte requested that I review this ASAP, so here you go!

Even though I 100% do not need another neutral eyeshadow palette, Paula's Choice has a 15% off deal until the end of April so I caved. I'm weak when it comes to makeup, okay?



Availability: paulaschoice.com (This is a referral link that will save you an additional $10!)
Shades: This palette has 12 shades, 11 matte and 1 highlighting shade.
Price: $40, but if you use the code AMGSHOPAPR15 before April 30th, you can get 15% off.

(1) Cream, (2) Beige, (3) Pink Sugar, (4) Café au Lait, (5) Tan, (6) Chestnut, (7) Clay, (8) Plum Taupe, (9) Gunmetal Grey, (10) Chocolate Truffle, (11) Coffee (12) Onyx.

About:
This unique eyeshadow palette features 11 velvety, true matte shadows plus one highlighting shadow in universally wearable shades—the kind you’ll find in any good makeup artist’s kit! In fact, the experts at Paula’s Choice consulted with makeup expert and YouTube sensation Wayne Goss on the creation of this palette.

The superbly blendable and buildable shadow colors range from soft ivory to rich brown and smoky black, making them versatile for day, night, or any time in between. The slim, mirrored case is recyclable and includes a professional-quality brush that allows flawless application and unlimited looks.

Ingredients:
Talc (texture enhancer/absorbent), Mica (texture enhancer/mineral pigment), Magnesium Stearate (binding/anti-caking agent), Dimethicone (silicone-based texture enhancer), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Synthetic Wax (binding agents), Mineral Oil (texture enhancer), Methylparaben, Propylparaben (preservatives), Iron Oxides (cosmetic pigment).



... One day I'll get the hang of swatching, I swear. That being said, don't let these swatches fool you--the shadows are really wonderful and blend like a dream. I had to put in black lines in the above photos so you could see where the lightest three shades are. Unfortunately, I'm very pale so the first shade is only slightly darker than my skin, and the flash blew out all of the colours.

I also need to learn how to use eyeshadow brushes, but that's a story for a different time. I should stick to finger painting because it's gotten me this far.

As for wear time, I have exceptionally greasy eyelids, so I expect that most people will have better experiences than me. When I used primer and a layer of translucent powder, the eyeshadows lasted five hours before creasing. With just primer, I barely made it an hour and a half before they started to crease. I think my experience is completely atypical, though, so I'd advise you trying this palette for yourself, especially if you're looking for a neutral palette that has mostly matte shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment