19 April 2014

orphan black clones series #2 - alison hendrix

It's my 23rd birthday! Last year was absolute shit and I can only hope that this year is better. I've never really felt older on my birthday until this year. I feel like I earned being 23. I spent the entire day getting food and shopping with my family, so I'm exhausted and stuffed.

More importantly, though... Tonight is the premiere of season 2 of Orphan Black! To celebrate, I dressed up as another clone: Alison Hendrix.



Alison is a soccer mom living in suburbia and she seems to have a more laid-back, simple look because of her hectic schedule. I based this look off of this picture, where she's wearing a little more makeup than I think she usually does. I also don't have bangs that go across my forehead, so I improvised with my side bangs and I put in a headband for good measure.

For the eyes, all you need to do is take a matte brown shadow that is a few shades darker than your skintone and swipe it over your eyelids and under your eyes, and then line your eyes with a dark brown eyeliner. I used a dark taupe liner because it was what was convenient!

For lips, Alison seems to wear a pinky lip colour that is slightly brighter than her natural lip colour, but in this photo it appears a bit darker. I went with a fig shade that applies matte and put on a lipstick with some sheen over it.

I'm not wearing blush here because my cheeks are naturally pink. However, Alison always seems to be wearing some, so I'd suggest something a little on the warm pink side.

Clothing-wise, I don't have much that is as preppy as Alison's wardrobe is, and I don't have pearls. (Would have made a nice touch, no?) So I just went with a graphic tee and a sweater that looks a little more like Alison's workout clothes than her day-to-day wear.

BROWS
Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express brow kit in Brunette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Lid - Saucebox Cosmetics pressed eyeshadow in Almond (cool medium brown matte from the Etude palette)
Upper lash line - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Desperation (deep taupe to gray matte)

FACE
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè + Dr. Jart+ V7 Beauty Balm
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01

LIPS
Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Stick in Brooklyn (harvest fig)
NYX Cosmetics Butter Lipstick in Pops (mauve)


EDITED: The makeup artist has said that Alison wears purple eyeliner and this was done before I read the articles saying this! That being said, for some reason my eyeshadow here looks a little purple. If you're looking for a good purple eyeliner, try Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in either Vice or Psychedelic Sister (higher-end option) or NYX Slide On Pencil in either Pretty Violet or Purple Blaze (drugstore option).

No comments:

Post a Comment