17 November 2013

look of the day - red lips and sparkling eyes

It's been longer than I had hoped since I last posted. I've been lacking inspiration in a lot of areas in my life, which unfortunately includes my love of makeup. I haven't really felt like experimenting, even though I have a lot of room for inspiration. I've been having similar troubles in my writing. I'm participating in NaNoWriMo and I'm already hating my story because I didn't do enough planning ahead of time.

Today I wanted to try something new just to get myself out of a rut. It's been raining all weekend here in the Chicago suburbs, and today brought strong winds and tornados south of here. Everything got dark so quickly that I almost didn't bother doing anything, but I pushed myself and I came up with something quick to post.


I'm also on the verge of being sick, which isn't fun at all! I think part of it is because of the weather and how cold it's been lately, but I also made a last minute trip down to my alma mater's campus to see Shoshana Bean perform this past Wednesday. I forgot how cold central Illinois can be, and my immune system isn't quite up to par after being home for a few months. I met up with a friend who was also sick, so that might've done me in.

This look relied on blending out liners to make for a soft, out-of-focus sparkling look, but the eyes weren't the main focus--that lip colour steals the show!

BROWS
Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in Deep
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
Lid - NYX Slide On Liner in Platinum (silver)
Crease - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Binge (pearly navy blue, discontinued)
Upper waterline - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (black)

FACE
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01 Light

LIPS
Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Moss lipstick in 11

No comments:

Post a Comment