26 September 2013

mermaid series #2 - ocean siren

The second look in this series is more focused on the mermaid who stays in the ocean without surfacing, who resides where a great deal of marine wildlife swims. She lives in a world that is permanently tinted blue and it's a little darker than the girls who surface.


Here's a little secret: my room gets next to no natural light because I'm a vampire, plus I usually wake up when the sun is no longer shining directly in my window, which is hardly a surprise--my window faces east, so the morning light doesn't usually enter my room. I take my natural light photos standing in front of my parents' bedroom windows. (It also makes for a nicer background because their room isn't the Bermuda triangle.)


Photos taken against a wall like this one are most likely ones taken in my bedroom. The blue eyebrows in this look are surprisingly wearable, although I think it's time to trim my eyebrows because as soon as I raise them, you can see the hairs clearly not within the confines of blue liner!

BROWS
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Binge (pearly navy blue, discontinued)
Sugarpill Chromalust pigment in Starling (metallic turquoise)

EYES
Inner lid - Sugarpill Chromalust pigment in Darling (teal with turquoise shimmer)
Outer lid - Fyrinnae loose eyeshadow in Digital Faerie (deep sky blue with green shimmer)
Inner corner + center of lid - Sugarpill Chromalust pigment in Lumi (white with turquoise, blue, and green shimmer)
Outer crease - Sugarpill Chromalust pigment in Royal Sugar (bright blue shimmer)
Inner crease - Fyrinnae loose eyeshadow in Arcane Magic: Futuristic Glamrock (pale translucent aqua-blue with pink iridescence, discontinued)
Upper lash line - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte blackest black)
Lower lash line - Sephora Collection colorful eyeshadow in N° 7 Picnic In The Park (grass green shimmer)

FACE
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè + Dr. Jart+ V7 Beauty Balm
BECCA Satin Finish Foundation in Porcelain
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01
Benefit high beam

LIPS
NYX matte lipstick in Tea Rose (mauve-pink)


No comments:

Post a Comment