25 September 2013

mermaid series #1 - beach dweller

My friend Courtney on Tumblr suggested that I do mermaid inspired makeup and instead of just doing one look, I've decided to turn this into a mini-series of looks! So here's the first look. This mermaid spends more time out in the sun (although you could never tell from my skin, even if I put on enough bronzer to make me orange) and prefers to swim in shallow waters or near the surface of the ocean. Since they're around sunlight, they're more likely to get a bit of a sunburn.


The blue eyebrows are what will connect the series until I branch out into more specific areas of the ocean. Let me tell you, it was definitely weird walking around my house with bright blue eyebrows and it was even more difficult to get the glitter off!


BROWS
Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
Fyrinnae loose eyeshadow in Gender Bent (shimmery teal with bold orange sparkle)
Lit Cosmetics glitter in Cayman S2 (small cut pure sea turquoise glitter)

EYES
Lid - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sin (champagne shimmer)
Upper lash line - NYX Slide On liner in Glitzy Gold (pure gold)
Lashes - Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush mascara in Blackest Black, Fyrinnae loose eyeshadow in Digital Faerie (deep sky blue with green shimmer)

FACE
Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè + Dr. Jart+ V7 Beauty Balm
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer
Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelée in Poppy Paradise

LIPS
Smashbox O-Gloss Gold


No comments:

Post a Comment