05 July 2014

celebrity-inspired looks #2 - elizabeth henstridge in her popsugar interview

It's been a while!

This is a look I've been sort of wanting to do since I saw a gifset of Elizabeth Henstridge wearing what looked like pink-tinged eyeshadow.


I actually really like this look! In these photos, I look far more ghostly than I did in natural lighting, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Start with a light peach-gold eyeshadow and press it all over your lids. Next, take a slightly darker rose eyeshadow and blend it into the outer corner of your lids. For the crease, use a coral eyeshadow that leans more pink and blend it well into the other eyeshadows, and then add a matte brown eyeshadow to define the crease even more. I had to change the shape of the eyeshadow to fit my features, but if you actually have a crease in your eyelids, you'll want more of the brown than the coral, and you might want to consider going a bit cooler in shade. Perhaps more of a taupe than a brown would be best. For the eyeliner, take a black eyeliner and line your upper water line, and then use a brown cream eyeliner to line your upper lash line and your lower waterline. I went a step further and added a taupe eyeliner to my bottom lash line, but Elizabeth's eyeliner isn't as pronounced as I've made mine.

Elizabeth has amazing eyebrow game and mine need a little enhancing, so I used a brow wax, a brow powder, and a tinted brow gel. (One day I will do a tutorial about how I normally do my brows, I promise.)

For the cheeks, a simple rosy blush will suffice, swept over the apples of your cheeks and up your cheekbone toward your temples. A lip colour close to your natural lip shade is best--Revlon's lip balm stain in Honey is one of my MLBB shades and I just dabbed that on.

I wish I had a jumper like hers, but alas, I had to make do with a blouse that is more reminiscent of Jemma Simmons' style!


BROWS
Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express brow kit in Brunette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Lid - Urban Decay eyeshadow in X (peach shimmer with gold shift)
Outer corner - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Scratch (rose gold shimmer)
Crease - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Freelove (golden vibrant peach shimmer) + Lorac eyeshadow from Get Hot palette (medium warm brown matte)
Upper water line - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion (matte blackest black)
Lower lash line - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Desperation (deep taupe to gray matte)
Upper lash line + lower water line - e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner in Coffee (deep brown matte)
Lashes - Maybelline Volum' Express the Mega Plush mascara in Blackest Black
Browbone - UD 24/7 Concealer Pencil in CIA (over brow) + NYX Eyebrow Push-Up Bra Highlighter (under brow)

FACE
Urban Decay Naked Skin liquid foundation in 1.0
Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer in Light 16
Under eyes - It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Corrector Concentrate Cream in Light + Bye Bye Under Eye concealer in Light
L'Oréal Paris Magic Smooth Soufflé Blush in Celestial (muted rosy pink)

LIPS
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey (medium nude mauve-pink)


No comments:

Post a Comment