12 October 2014

sailor moon series #1 - sailor chibi moon

Wow, where did the weekend go?

After spending Friday night and Saturday visiting my sister and my best friend at my alma mater, I came home late last night so I could catch a movie and a zombie makeup artist at a nearby theatre, and now it's the end of the weekend and it's weird.

This marks the start of a new series of looks! I've loved Sailor Moon for the majority of my life, ever since the dub first aired on television when I was a child. I started doing makeup looks for each sailor scout over on my Tumblr about 2-3 years ago, but I'd like to think my makeup skills have improved and maybe I'll actually finish it this time.

I'm aiming for matching my hair to each sailor scout, so this series is going to take a while, but hopefully it's worth it. Since my hair is currently pink, the natural first character is Chibi-Usa, or Sailor Chibi Moon.


Okay, so the eye makeup is not immediately noticeable in this photo, but it's really not that important. I used a white eyeshadow in the inner corners, a light pink in the center of my lids, and a slightly more vibrant blue-toned pink in the outer corners and under the lower lash line. Taupe eyeliner finished all the eye makeup and then I curled my lashes and put on some falsies. If I were to do this look again, I'd line my lower waterline with a white eyeliner to give the wide-eyed, shoujo look.

My eyebrows are lighter than I've worn them in some time because I went with powder rather than the Dipbrow since Chibi-Usa is young, and I wanted to emulate that somewhat.

I used a light gold-pink eyeshadow in place of blush and a blue-toned pink lip colour topped with a multi-dimensional white shimmer gloss.

My hair is in pigtails to further emphasise the youthfulness of this look and the character. I'm still debating wearing clothing in the character's colour scheme, but I went with it and apparently all I have that's pink is this old sundress.


BROWS
Anastasia Beverly Hills Beauty Express brow kit in Brunette
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Granite

EYES
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Inner corner - Urban Decay eyeshadow in Bobby Dazzle (metallic white/pale gold micro-glitter)
Center of lid - Geek Chic Cosmetics eyeshadow in Pretty Guardian + Urban Decay eyeshadow in Alien (pink-peach/golden shift)
Outer corner + lower lash line - Sugarpill Chromalust pigment in Birthday Girl (princess pink with fuchsia sparkles)
Crease - Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in @#$%! (vampy pearl red with silver metallic sheen)
Liner - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Desperation (deep taupe to gray matte)
False lashes - Ardell Fairies Black lashes

FACE
Urban Decay Naked Skin liquid foundation in 1.0
Benefit boi-ing concealer in 01
Under eyes - It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Corrector Concentrate Cream in Light
Urban Decay eyeshadow in Scratch (rose gold shimmer)

LIPS
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Milan (mid-tone blue-toned pink)
Shiro Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Moon Prism Power


No comments:

Post a Comment